Friday, July 13, 2007

Lessons from St Francis



Saint
Francis
of Assisi
gathered the birds
about him
and began to speak to them tenderly
God had given them air
wings
and trees
sing, he told them,
for song is the praise to God
from the hearts of his children.

I would be a much better woman, wife, mother, daughter, and friend, if I could live out this following prayer (O how I desire to be this to others):


"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon, here there is doubt, faith, where there is despair, hope, where there is darkness, light, and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive - it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life"

-St Francis of Assisi




No comments:


Blog Archive