Friday, July 20, 2007

Messy Morality

Let me share with you what Winona Ryder has to say for herself regarding her feelings after getting caught shoplifting from Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills five years after the fact. After she abdicates the responsiblity of her sins by saying her pain medication made her confused, she goes on to say:

"I didn't have this tremendous sense of guilt," she adds, "because I hadn't hurt anyone. --Had I physically harmed someone or caused harm to a human being, I think it would have been an entirely different experience."

So this is our standard for right and wrong? "If I don't physically hurt anyone" I can do whatever I want without feeling too much guilt! "As long as I'm not poking them in the eye or digging my heal into their foot, I can cheat my boss, steal from children, lie to my husband, and practice injustice however I personally see fit." Without a moral backbone, which is what God's law provides for us, this is the type of thinking we inevitably will fall into. This is a clear example of where our Nation is going by abandoning the law of God. What if we all lived like this? And isn't it clear that too many of us already are?

(Now mabye the media mis-represented Ms Ryder. and I have to say that I loved her performance as Joe in Little Women. But this is beside the point.)

No comments:


Blog Archive