Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Beware: Entertaining Neighbors Unaware

Last night I put Colson down to bed, and on my way to take a shower grabbed his monitor to make sure he was falling asleep without any glitches. I turned on the monitor to loud static. His monitor must have come unplugged in his room, and I was not going to go in there to fix it. Just for the sake of it I tried the other channel. To my suprise I could hear voices, as clear as day, coming from the monitor. (It shouldn't be a come as a shock, I live in aparment with lots and lots of young families). It was another family putting their 2 young girls to bed. I listened to the mom and dad getting them ready and threatening them:

mom: "Tell her if she doesn't go to sleep, then NO trike tomorrow."

Dad, to little girl: "If you don't go to sleep then NO trike tomorrow, do you understand?"

Feeling awkward about listening, I turned the monitor off and took my shower. After my shower I turned on the monitor just for the sake of it. (This is the closest I get to reality-TV ok people?) I tuned in just in time to hear the mom losing her mind:

mom: "THAT'S IT!!!!! SPANKINGS, NO TALKING, AND YOU ARE NOT RIDING YOUR TRIKE TOMORROW! NOW. GO. TO. SLEEP!"

Well, I thought this was hysterical. I don't know what happened with the spankings, but the mom must have left the room because I heard silence for a few seconds then a little voice starts in...

Little Voice: "Hi", she says very cheerfully. "Hi, what's your name?"

an even smaller voice: "Cinderella."

At this, I smiled, giggled a little bit, was thankful I don't know who these people are, and turned off the monitor.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This is a sweet ending to the story. So sad when parent's can't control their tempers. I hope those little ones don't lose their imagination. too cute!


Blog Archive