Monday, October 1, 2007

Ramblings on Domesticity

I have been thinking much lately about domesticity, and well, my duties as a homemaker. And the thing that has stood out to me the most about this in my life of recent has been this:

Having a husband who appreciates and notices the work done in the home, and the work that is put into making it lovely, and is thankful, makes my duty so much easier, and so much more joyful. I'm so encouraged that he notices, that it blesses him, and that he tells me so. This helps me a great deal, and I'm so thankful that I have a husband that gives me the time to tell me so. It causes me in turn to want to give him the time, in making sure things are tidy and that he has underwear folded nicely in his drawer, and that there is "something" planned for dinner.
The key here, I believe, is that he really appreciates and honors my calling, as a woman, as a wife, as a mother. His attention to the detail causes me to pay attention to the detail in his calling as a man, as a husband, as a father. It helps me to look into what he needs, and how I can bless him with little things, like a lunch to take for work or the coffee programmed to his a.m. schedule. I'm so pleased these things make him so happy, for it blesses me to bless him. And I'm so thankful he doesn't take it for granted and get disgruntled if something isn't perfect. My whole point in this post, is that my man considers me, and I'm a blessed woman for it.

No comments:


Blog Archive