Monday, March 17, 2008

Cecilia Bartoli - Agitata da due venti - personal commentary on the above post

I couldn't get this text to show up with the video so it is posted separately.

This opera singer is simply Amazing! Trust me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pretending to be a conoisseure of opera vocals or classical music, but this woman, and the life that spills out of her when she sings is something to behold, even to a novice, such as I. At first glance I thought it was quite humerous, then it turned into something quite stunning and beautiful, even hard to describe, but now I'm freakishly moved everytime I see her sing. Her love of the music and charm pull you into a classical music head-lock. If you watch her closely it seems as if she's ready to get so swept away in the music that she could fly away, and then she pulls herself together and gets back to singing. To watch someone love to do something beautiful like this is a treat, therefore I couldn't help but share. And if you watch this video more than once, you may just get hooked. Don't say I didn't warn you, even my husband and 2 year old son gather around the computer to watch this woman. It brings me such joy. Let me know what you think. As for me, Cecilia Bartoli Rocks!

No comments:


Blog Archive