Thursday, October 1, 2009

Next Month...

I can officially now say I'm having this baby girl next month. Last night as KC and I shared our coveted evening moments alone we pondered the time. Never before have I been so busy from morning til night. But never before has this Christian walk been so simple and clear. My calling is right before me. I'm never wondering or asking God what His will for me is. It's right in front of me, every minute. There is not much time for much else to compete for the time it takes to take care of and nurture this little troop. But even thought it's so clear to me what I ought to be doing, never before have I felt more incapable and inadequate to fulfill the duties before me everyday.

I am daily striving to simply live out my calling as wife and mother with basic faithfulness to God.

And I love it; There is no place I'd rather be. No doubt, it's also the hardest thing I've ever been called to, but also, the most rewarding. I'm thankful that the time I'm spending on this earth is this rich. It's a story, and the drama, in the hands of the victorious King, makes me able to buckle in and get excited for the ride.

So bring on the baby. I can't wait to get my hands on her.

hbw

No comments:


Blog Archive